ABC PACs Endorse Candidates in Run-off Election
BATON ROUGE, La. (11/5/2015) – On Thursday, ABC Merit PAC, the political action committee of the Associated Builders and Contractors New Orleans/Bayou Chapter, and ABC Pelican PAC, the political action committee of the Associated Builders and Contractors Pelican Chapter, announced several endorsements for the 2015 fall Legislative elections.
The ABC Merit PAC and ABC Pelican PAC support candidates for elective state or local office within the state of Louisiana who embrace the basic principles of our American system of government, the free enterprise system and the merit shop philosophy. The purpose of the ABC PACs is to support candidates who have committed to fight for a more prosperous economy and a higher standard of living for the people of Louisiana through the growth of a vibrant merit shop construction industry within the State; candidates that will leverage Louisiana’s unique advantages to raise families and gain positive returns on business opportunities.
Multiple factors were used during the candidate evaluation process which led to the endorsement of the following candidates in the run-off election:
- Llewellyn “Biscuit” Smith (R – Deridder, House District 32)
- Beryl Amedee (R-Gray, House District 51)
- Representative Lenar Whitney (R – Houma, House District 53)
- Rick Edmonds (R- House District 66)
- Hunter Carter (D – Greensburg, House District 72)
- Beth Mitzell (R – Franklinton, Senate District 12)
- Representative Henry Burns (R – Haughton, Senate District 36)
- Representative Ritchie Burfurd (R – Stonewall, Senate District 38)
- Tony Davis (BESE District 4 )
- Jason Engen, (BESE District 6)
- Senator David Vitter (R – Governor)
ABC Merit and ABC Pelican PACs are non-partisan political action committees working to recruit and support candidates who support the free enterprise system and believe in the Merit Shop Philosophy.