11 WAYS ABC PELICAN CHAPTER SERVES YOU ABC IS YOUR BUSINESS PARTNER
1.Business Development tools to GROW your company. ABC offers numerous opportunities for members to make valuable business connections and stay abreast of the latest developments in the construction industry. To stay competitive, contractors are given the opportunity to showcase their projects and accomplishments through awards and accreditations.
2. Management education to ENHANCE your professional expertise. Management Development Training is offered yearly to members focused on leadership skills and integrity, effective presentations, creative problem solving, manage conflict, etc.
3. Craft and apprenticeship programs to TRAIN your employees. Training and education programs will ensure that members are knowledgeable in all aspects of construction. ABC is a leader in apprenticeship and craft training for merit shop contractors. Delivers programs that equip craft professionals with the knowledge and skills they need to improve their productivity, safety and job advancement. Works closely with the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) to develop and update the curricula.
4. Safety programs to IMPROVE your company’s performance. ABC’s safety programs help members maintain safer and more productive jobsites. Provides members with the Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) – industry’s leading safety evaluation program.
5. Government affairs resources to make your political voice HEARD. ABC works with all levels of government to represent member interests and the merit shop construction industry and lobbies against legislation which could threaten contractor’s rights to conduct business freely.
6. Legal services to PROTECT your business. ABC members are offered legal assistance in the construction industry. This program advances the merit shop principals, resulting in a stronger industry, and helps members with practical advice when they need it. This is accomplished through legal counsel at the national and local levels, labor relations and conferences.
7. Networking opportunities to CONNECT you with industry leaders. Many events and committee meetings are held throughout the year giving members access to other members to network and cultivate relationships. Sponsorship programs are also available to help promote member companies.
8. Publications to INFORM you about industry news and development. Provides a wealth of information and resources to assist contractor members with current industry-related information (Monthly newsletter publications and national publications.)
9. Insurance programs to HELP you attract and RETAIN employees. ABC Merit Choice exclusively serves members with insurance and fringe benefits solutions. Member companies can rely on ABC to administer programs that help them attract and retain employees, so their companies can enjoy continued growth and profitability.
10. Members discount programs to SAVE your company money. ABC members can take advantage of exclusive savings through the discount programs offered. Such discount programs vary from automotive discounts, FEDEX savings, cell phone discount plan, fuel discounts, fringe benefits plans, construction accounting programs, etc.
11. Student outreach efforts to BUILD the industry’s future workforce. Works with local schools to increase interest among students and offers craft training. ABC promotes construction as a career choice for high school and college students.
Members can gain recognition and positive publicity for their companies through many of ABC's programs.
Accredited Quality Contractor (AQC) Companies that excel in safety, employee benefits, training, and community relations can achieve the AQC designation. AQC members can use this designation on their company letterhead and in bid documents. In addition, AQC members are recognized on the ABC Directory findAContractor.com and in advertisements in Engineering News Record.
Excellence in Construction Awards ABC's Awards of Excellence Program has become the premier competition within the construction industry that recognizes outstanding construction projects across the nation. Award winners are recognized throughout the construction community as recipients of the prestigious eagle award.
STEP Awards Provides an organized approach to analyze and further develop a company's safety and loss prevention programs. Awards companies with safety performance recognition that can be used as an important business development tool with clients.
National Safety Excellence Awards This program recognizes companies whose safety performance and programs are judged exemplary and show a continued commitment to jobsite safety.